Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Family, Departure and Arrival

We're in Seattle! Well Everett actually. It took a lot to get here and we are happy to get a little settled at least.

Stashia, Tryson and I want to thank everyone for everything they did to help us keep our sanity. There was so much work to have done over the last couple weeks that we would have never made it if we had done it alone. So THANK YOU to our close friends and to our families for doing so much for us at the drop of a hat, we really do appreciate it.

To continue on with the story version of things, flying was not stress free. Three large carry-ons, a backpack and a car seat are enough to carry for 3 or 4 people, but somehow Stash and I managed to carry all that plus passing around Tryson from time to time. Both flights were delayed due to mechanical issues, but we arrived only 30 minutes late. Got back to the hotel around 10pm Seattle time (1am on our body clocks) and crashed around 11:30.

This morning I woke up and was stuck in I-5 traffic making my commute twice as long. There was much relief after I arrived at Boeing though. Very relaxed atmosphere, a very beautiful corporate office, just happiness. I'm excited for orientation on Friday.

For now, Stashia, Tryson and I are going to go out and explore/shop Everett today. We may venture into Seattle in the next couple days, but as always...there is still a ton to do.

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice to see you made it. Hope everything else goes more smoothly for you then the plane trip. Love you Alicia

Unknown said...

I'm actually surprised you didn't have more of a delay with your flights, with the sorry state they are currently in. That does suck about having to cart all that stuff around; I can certainly emphasize.

I'm excited that you are updating so soon after arriving. I know we are all looking forward to hearing about your experiences as you get settled in your new life.

That's especially great news about the atmosphere at Boeing. Keep us updated.

Stashia, thanks for the text yesterday. Thank you both for letting Michelle and I be a part of your beautiful ceremony. I love you both very much.

Michelle said...

Yay updates! Happy to hear you're back alright. Get your place set up all nice for us ok? :)

Oh yeah, don't know if you guys already know but I (and Jason) have journals at

www.woohu.com/~michellestar
www.woohu.com/~taoman1121

I love the internets.

Michelle said...

Oh and Mirabelle is me, Michelle. That chick at your wedding with the bad moves.

I have a blogger too, but my name is Mirabelle on it. Uh, just pretend you don't see that.

Unknown said...

I'M really happy about this blog. I really will look forward to checking it daily to see whats new in your NEW adventure. Love you guys memouse

...and the chapter begins... said...

I love you guys - so glad you made it alright - hope you're having fun out there - the weather says it's only in the 70's so I bet Stashia's cold - good luck apartment searching - oh by the way - I got full time at freedom village today - just found out after I got off the phone with you - love you!!! Lo-lo

miloman10 said...

Heyyyy, I really like this blog thingy, Hows the 2 double beds, Stosh?