Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's been going on since December?

It's been a little while since we have written. We've been pretty boring lately though so it's no big deal I guess. Chris has been working about 50 hours a week. Stashia has been holding down the fort, cutting hair and being social with Tryson. Tryson has been developing into a happy, active little boy as usual. Speaking of the little guy there have been a couple cute stories, my favorite is:

Stashia (coming home after a busy day): We are going to see someone you love.
Tryson: Uhhh...Pablo?
Stashia: No...who else do you love?
Tryson: Uhhh...Daddy?
Stashia: Yes Daddy!

I know I'm loved but I can't entertain him with new adventures everyday the way his favorite cartoon character can.

My other favorite story ended today...so, I've been without my license for some time now, I looked all over, I am usually pretty good about the stuff that belongs in my wallet. Well, I'm going snowboarding for the first time with some Boeing people tomorrow (yay). I got some gear and I put on my big bulky coat for the first time since I was back home. Well, Stashia says, "Hey, maybe your ID is in your coat" and right in the middle of her sentence I say, "Oh my god..." and it was in there. I last used it in the rush to show my ID at the airport!! So in that coat I found: my ID, a can of pepsi unopened (complimentary drink we never used), $5, a ticket stub for "Yes Man" and a bobby pin. Wow...that's all I can say about that. I'm very happy about it though, I could have a beer when I went out on Friday because I didn't have my ID and guess what? The waitress must have been about 20 herself...really? She couldn't just take my word that I was a year older than her? Ha.

So, other than that, I've been sick a couple times, Stashia was sick for a bit and Tryson has been sick. I'm currently fighting some chest congestion, I believe because of lack of sleep. I could complain about working a lot but I won't because plenty of people are losing their jobs out there and would love to work 50+ hours a week (and I like my job)... and I could sleep but I also choose to stay up with Tryson and Stashia as long as possible. Also, for anyone who was wondering about the news clips from Boeing and the 10,000 layoffs, I should be ok. 10k is about 7% of the workforce...I can't give details but I am about 95% sure I don't fall in that 7% of what the are looking to cut, from what they have said in the news. If you see them talking about laying off another 15k or so, you might want to call and make sure we are ok :-)

Well, that's it, pretty boring right now. Christa is coming to visit in March and Tryson will be doing swim lessons soon, so that should provide a few stories.

-Chris