Sunday, February 24, 2008

Catching up on sleep, a park, more responsibility

So, this weekend has been great. Usually I go to work early on Saturdays. This is the second weekend in a row I have decided not to, and I think I needed it. One day off isn't enough to really relax, collect your thoughts and do things you have been waiting to do. So I took the weekend off, slept late both days and we went to this amazing park on Saturday. When it gets warmer there are pony rides and a petting zoo, a water park and a big playground with everything you would want for any age. Anyways, it was a beautiful sunny 55 degree day (sorry Michigan people, I must admit I never liked the cold, just the snow) and we spent the day out and about. Here are some pictures of the mountains on the way to the park:
*CLICK PICTURES TO SEE FULL SIZE*

In other news, I wouldn't say I got a promotion, I guess the best way to say it is that I have a higher level of job security. I am a focal (Boeing term for "the person who is responsible for a specific area of the company") it is for a process that I am really passionate about and I guess it is natural that they saw the passion (sorry, I have to speak in general terms as to not release any proprietary info). Anyways, it gives me some real accountability which is exciting. Gotta keep proving myself, maybe someday we can buy a house out here ;-) Oh yeah, by the way, come visit us. Plane tickets are reasonable right now. Come out and see the city. We will take you up to the space needle and do some wine tasting and you can watch Tryson be cute:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on a visit(although I was already). Looks really pretty out there.

...and the chapter begins... said...

omg Tryson looks so much like Paul in that picture - scary - one week and two days and I'll be out there to enjoy the views - hey how come Stashia never said anything about wine tasting - sounds good to me - love you guys!!

Adam B said...

maybe i'll visit this summer
see how you like it then
-Adam